Sunday, August 10, 2008

Family Garden


This year we decided to try to grow a garden.  I've always wanted to grow tomatoes.  I love homegrown tomatoes.  I've never successfully grown anything before, so I didn't think it would actually work, but it did!  Brayden and Emma really got into it.  Everyday they would run out back to check on the plants.  They were so excited to see things grow, and to see the tomatoes appear and then change from green to red.  Brayden would ask, "Are they done yet?" and "Are they tomatoes yet?"  We also planted a few green bean and carrot seeds.    I was really surprised when those actually grew!  It was a really great experience for our family.  I plan on doing it again next year, and even trying our hand at growing a few other things. 

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

You're a master gardener. I am impressed. You'll have to share your tips with me :)