Friday, August 15, 2008

Brayden's FIrst Day of Kindergarten!

Brayden started Kindergarten this week!  I cannot believe that my baby boy is truly old enough to be going to school.  He has been quite excited to go to the "big" school with all the big kids.  I am glad he was enrolled in preschool last year because I think really prepared him in many ways.  I did okay leaving Brayden in class, (he was so brave and didn't complain once) but as soon as I walked out the door I got a little emotional.  It was a moment, and I got over it, but it's kinda hard to see your kids grown up!  Brayden felt a lot more comfortable when he learned that his good little buddy, Luke, is in his class.  They even sit at the same table!   Today when I got to the school to pick him up, Brayden and Luke were goofing around together and giggling themselves silly.  Brayden said to me, "Mom, Luke is my best-est friend EVER!"  I think he will have a great year.


3 comments:

Ashlee said...

Cute! I'm glad that he (and you) are adjusting well. I will need some advice when Kendall starts. He still has another week, but I am getting nervous. Brayden will do great in Kindergarten!
Love ya,

Ash

stephschmidt said...

I can't believe you have a son in kindergarten! That is crazy! How is he liking it so far? How are you liking it so far? :)

West Family said...

i enjoyed looking at and reading your blog mandy! it is so cute. you have such adorable kids. valerie