Monday, September 1, 2008

Potty Trained!

The same week that Brayden started Kindergarten, Emma hit a pretty major milestone of her own.  Emma potty-trained herself overnight!  One afternoon, a friend called her "stinky," and later that day Emma put on underwear and kept them dry until bedtime.  The next day she was nearly perfect with only one or two accidents.  She is now completely potty trained!  Her doctor told me that because of her personality, Emma would probably just one day decide that she's done with diapers.  And that's exactly what she did!  No amount of bribery on my part could do what a little peer pressure could do!  (Am I in trouble??)  In all honestly, you will probably think I am a little nuts, but I am actually a little sad.  I am probably the first mom in the history of potty training that is sad that she doesn't have to change diapers anymore, but I think the reality that I no longer have a baby in my home has hit.

2 comments:

Aunt Daisy said...

I understand what you mean exactly. For me it was more when Sarah started kindergarten - not having her home left a HUGE empty place in my heart. Silly for only 4 hours a day, huh? Couldn't they just stay 3 and 1 forever?

Ashlee said...

She's so smart. You potty trained yourself too. I am hoping for that with Tyler.